Monday, July 30, 2012

Sweet on Strawberry Fields

This past weekend I attended my dear friend's wedding.  The ceremony was beautiful, full of joy and life, goofy and accessible--just like her.  I am so excited and happy for her and her new husband, who's is a wonderful guy, and all that their future holds!
I could not go celebrate with naked nails, especially because there is still some yellow staining that I am working to clean off.  So, with a million things to do before I left, I had to find something simple to cover up with.  I was wearing a green dress, but did not want to match my nails, so I looked for something that would go well with a few outfits.  I settled on my Strawberry Fields, which I had not tried yet, and figured I'd splash on a little Luxe & Lush for an easy accent.  Man o man!



*1 coat Sally Hansen Hard as nails base
*3 thin coats China Glaze Strawberry Fields
*1 thick coat China Glaze Luxe & Lush
*2 coats Health Hoof Lacquer



I am in love with Strawberry Fields!  This is a richer pink than I usually wear, darker and more sedated.  The berry shade seemed like one that would be appropriate with a few different outfits.  I could see the golden shimmer in the bottle, but was not prepared for how clear and gorgeous it would translate on the nail.  In the sun, I cannot take my eyes off of this one!  I was going to stop at 2 thin coats, but there was a bit of nail line visible in the light, so I used a third.  Then, I put a coat of Luxe & Lush on my ring finger.  This flakey shard glitter is so pretty and unique.  I have only used it a couple of times, and always forget how much easier this is to apply than I expect.  There is a little work to get the flakes to fill in like I want, but it's not nearly enough work to turn me off.  I use Healthy Hoof to help even out the flakes and to amp up the shine. 
I am so sad that it has taken me so long to try out this polish!  Strawberry Fields is just amazing and will soon become a go-to for me.  The Luxe & Lush has enough of its own golden tones and reflects the pink well, letting the polish still show through.  I loved this mani and, while I have some extra time and am itching to try something new, I hate to think about taking this one off!



Before I go, I want to tell you about a very generous giveaway that Kaki is offering at Glitter Obsession!  There is a set of 5 China Glaze OMG polishes up for win!  They are amazing and she is being incredibly generous for her 1500 follower giveaway--CONGRATULATIONS!  The giveaway ends 8/15.  "May the odds be ever in your favor!"

No comments:

Post a Comment