Sunday, September 30, 2012

My first DS!

As I mentioned in my previous post, the Ulta that opened near my home had a small selection of OPI Designer Series polishes hidden in their display.  So, I took advantage of opening weekend coupons and added some beauties to my collection! 



The first holo awesomeness I tried out was DS Reserve.  This applied like a dream!  I used my typical Sally Hansen Hard As Nails base coat and then I think I did 3 coats of Reserve, but I don't quite remember--this might only be 2.  The color is gorgeous!  It is a pretty, dusty pink full of scattered micro holo particles.  It is a really understated color, even with the sparkle, that I would never feel out of place wearing to work or anywhere. 


I couldn't stop there, though.  Of course not.  I'm me.  So, I tried out another new polish, China Glaze I'm Not Lion, from the On Safari collection.  I had seen a picture of this as an accent nail for a polish close to this color, though a cream, on Pinterest and loved the look.  I tried it with Reserve.  It actually looks a lot better in person than it does in photos.  I only used one coat and, in hindsight, should have done 2 or not layered it. 


This chunky golden holo is a nice contrast to the pink and has the same sepia, antique tone to it.  I wish I had made it stand out more and could have gotten better shots, but there's always next time!

So, do you have a DS collection?  Do you think they're worth the price?  I've loved mine so far and the coupons definitely help (the latest one in Ulta's add is $5 of off $10!).

No comments:

Post a Comment