Sunday, October 14, 2012

31DC: Flowers

Two weeks in!
It's funny how inspiration strikes.  I have a decent enough touch with a dotting tool to do some basic flowers.  It's pretty much the only nail art I do try on a regular basis.  As I was trying to think of something creative to do with flowers, I had an idea I hoped would work out.  It's not perfect, but I kind of like it!  I think I only have 1 untried in my accents.


*1 coat Yello-Out base
*1 coat Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Black Out
*Sinful Colors Snow Me White
*Zoya Zusa, Color Club Almost Famous, Zoya Myrta, Zoya Carla and Zoya Kimber accents

I really should have thought of this a day earlier for animal prints!  I started thinking about flowers and then Flower came to mind!  I thought I'd see if I could pull off a skunk tail with some little flowers mixed in.  I started with just one coat of Black Out because I knew I was going to be painting over most of it.  I used the polish brush to make the white middle, with a small paint brush to add little accents.  I did the same with Black Out on top, just a little thinner.


This next one is a bit blurry on my thumb, but I wanted to show the little flowers I added.  I mainly used the Zoya Surf colors because they are so pretty and sparkly.  The actually showed up pretty well over the black and white base.


I was worried about polish drying and getting stringy, so I tried to move fast.  In retrospect, I would have taken a little more time to get the shapes a little crisper.  But skunks are furry, right?  So they're a little messy too!


Overall, I kind of like this one!  Some nails turned out better than others, but I think I got the skunk look across with some flowers in there too!
 


No matter how these are turning out, I'm glad that I'm trying new tings and pushing myself outside of my comfort zone.  It's about half-way through the challenge and even though there are a lot of really cool designs out there that I'd kill to pull off, I'm proud of myself for trying.  You can't get better if you don't practice, right?  What are you venturing into these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment