Thursday, October 18, 2012

31DC: Half Moons

I'm actually pretty excited about this one!  Half moon manis aren't really my thing.  I don't really understand the appeal and have never felt compelled to do one before, which made me kind of dread this challenge (see also: tribal!).  Then, while quickly glancing at Pinterest (a.k.a. not realizing how many hours I had wasted) I found this adorable art and knew I would have to give it a try.  She painted the tips of her nails, so I almost didn't see it, but luckily my mind moved a little faster than my brush on this one!

*1 coat Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Hardener
*2 coats Finger Paints Tiffany Imposter
*Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Green With Envy
*Finger Paints Motley on tips
*Sinful Colors Snow Me white
*Color Club white striper
*Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Black Out
*1 coat Seche Vite


Kermit the Frog, here!  I'm kicking myself for not cleaning up my cuticles, because that would have made these even better, but I really like how they turned out!  The only glitch was my ring finger, which got a little smudged in the pupil, but I like the rest!
I used Tiffany Imposter as a background because it just seemed froggy!  I added a little Motley on top to glitz it up, but you can't really tell in the pictures. 


 


I used one coat of Green With Envy (the only untried) at the base of each nail and added an outline with my white striper.  Then, with the end of my paintbrush handle, added the eyes close and centered on the outline.  With my dotting tool, I added the pupil and used a small art brush to add the little lines on each side.  This is where the ring finger got a bit smudged.  I think that I will try these again sometime, and will just need to take more time with the little details. 


Overall, I liked how these little Kermies turned out!  Like I said, I always overlook the clean up that will make them look so much neater, and the eye is a little wonky, but I'm pretty proud of these little guys!  What are your thoughts on half moon manis?  Love 'em?  Leave 'em?  Found a creative way to use them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment