Wednesday, October 24, 2012

31DC: Inspired by a book

I mentioned that I loved movies yesterday.  Well, I'm also a bookworm!  Luckily, books are a bit harder to translate into nails, so today was a bit less overwhelming, but I still feel a little like I'm betraying books by choosing just one!  I figured that I really couldn't help but do a Harry mani.  I know there are a ton of ways to take those books into art, but I went simple (because most of my art skills are spent this week!) and represented the houses with their colors.  I have one untried today.



"By Gryffindor, the bravest were prized far beyond the rest."  For Gryffindor's colors, I used 2 coats of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Wined Up.  I love this deep, shimmery scarlet.  This is a gorgeous fall color!  I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Golden-I for the tip.


 
 
"For Hufflepuff, hard workers were most worthy of admission."  First off, let me rant that little ol' Hufflepuff gets a bad rap.  They are also loyal and hard workers, determined like their little badger mascot.  They are not the duds of Hogwarts.  Really!  I used 2 coats of Color Club Almost Famous for the yellow base and Sally Hansen Black Out for the tip. 
 
 

"For Ravenclaw, the cleverest would always be the best."  For the base of this nail, I used 2 coats of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Co-Bolt Blue.  This is such a pretty, shimmery blue!  I used China Glaze Harvest Moon for the coppery tip.  I loved this color combo!  These two are so pretty on their own, but really amazing together.

 

"And power-hungry Slytherin loved those of great ambition."  For my base, I used 3 coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Emerald City.  I used Spoiled Daddy's Credit Card for the silver tip--kind of apprpriate for an entitled house.  This would make for such a pretty Christmas combo--I'll have to remember it!


 


"And we must unite inside her or we'll crumble from within."  The Hogwarts' seal is a combination of the 4 houses, bound with an "H."  I added a little Fairy Dust, for magical measure, and used my Black Hologram striper to draw on the H.


Well, that's my book inspiration!  It feels so anti-climactic because I have so much love for so many books!  I feel like it should be something monumental, something spectacular.  I liked this design, but it's not one I'm dying to recreate.  Have you had that happen before?  Been excited for a mani and then realized that it just didn't live up to your expectations, even if it wasn't bad, per se? 

No comments:

Post a Comment