Tuesday, October 9, 2012

31DC: Rainbow

This is a combination of the past challenges (except metallic, I guess): rainbow!  I had found a lot of really cute rainbows to try and there are a lot of really great interpretations for this challenge.  I decided to try a really cute pin I found on Pinterest.  I tried really hard to find this original source, but couldn't.  If you know who made this mani let me know so I can give credit!  This has 5 untrieds!


*Yello-Out base coat
*1 coat Sally Hansen Insta Dri Presto Pink (thumb)
*2 coats Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Sun Kissed (index)
*1 coat China Glaze Four Leaf Clover (middle)
*1 coat Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Blew Me Away (ring)
*2 coats China Glaze Gothic Lolita (pinkie)
*2 coats Sinful Colors Snow Me White
*1 coat Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Disco Ball
*Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Black Out
*1 coat Seche Vite


The colors I chose were so pretty on their own that I almost just left them a skittle.  I really wanted to see if I could pull of the balloon, though.  Overall, they were okay.  Almost every plosh was a one-coat color, which was awesome with so many to use!  I can't find my scotch tape right now, so I used some old French manicure strips I found, that actually had a good shape to them.  Because they are old, though, the adhesive was a little funky, which made for some bad lines.  I should have taken the time to clean up edges, but this one took a while and I didn't want to push my luck and mess up what I had. 


I had to add just a little sparkle to this one (though these creams are SO pretty) with some Disco Ball over the white. This was fine on all my nails except for the Four Leaf Clover. This got a funky green tint to it--I must have hit some wet polish? But it didn't show up on any other nail...oh well! I think I'll definitely try this one again sometime, maybe not as a rainbow. I'll need to work on my strings a bit, but overall I was actually surprised about how well this one came out!

No comments:

Post a Comment