Monday, January 14, 2013

New 31DC: Cheer Yourself Up

Today is my 100th post! It's also a really hard choice for me. I really don't have a go-to polish, color, or look to brighten my day. It really depends on my mood--I love a good bright pink, but also a good shimmery dark polish. I love a clean, smooth finish and tons of glitter. I love seasonal looks as well as old faves. This is hard because I really don't have one sinlge favorite--most any polish can brighten my day.
So, with too many options, I went with a look that I like but have yet to photograph and post.



*1 coat Yello-Out
*2 coats China Glaze Life's A Beach
*2 coats Nubar Black Polka Dots
*1 coat Out The Door


I love a good pink with black glitter!  I'm a little obsessed with black glitter in general and am out to find the perfect one.  Currently, I have Black Polka Dots to use.  This is a clear base with micro square glitters and larger hexes.  The bigger glitter are harder to place evenly, so I kind of swirl the brush in the bottle before applying it.  This is a pretty sparse glitter, in general, which is good for showcasing the base.  It does try the obsessive perfectionist in me, though, to have the nails be unbalanced in glitter, but I just can't resist it!

 
Love's A Beach is yet another awesome newbie from my wonderful momma.  It applied perfectly in 2 coats.  As a neon, it has a semi-matte finish to it, which is really not my favorite, but glitter and/or a top coat fix that right up!  I'd call this a neon Barbie pink, a medim pink that leans warm (the first 3 pictures are truer to color than the last).  It is also packed with a hidden shimmer, not a true cream finish.  It's a really pretty polish and I'm excited to see it out in the sun!
 
 
 Do you have a go-to look when you need a smile?  Have you found the perfect black glitter?  Do tell!



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much Arletta! You are always so sweet (and much too kind) with your comments!

      Delete