Monday, August 5, 2013

The only surfin' I do

I'm still making my way through all of the amazing polishes my mom bought me from my wishlist for Christmas.  This is one of them that I swatched while organizing and knew I needed to use A.S.A.P.! 


*1 coat Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Hardener
*2 coats China Glaze Surfin' for Boys
*1 coat China Glaze Fairy Dust
*1 coat Out the Door


AHHH!  I never wanted to take this off!  It was the perfect summer mani!  Surfin' for Boys is a neon coral/salmon color.  It's hard to describe accurately, not really orange and not clearly pink.   It has a shimmer to it which doesn't show up really well on its own because this dries to a satin/semi-matte finish.  When you get a glossy top coat on it, though, the shimmer gives the color a lot of depth.


I was trying to think of art to do with this, but went back to my simple, Junior High school roots.  I added a glitter top coat of micro holo with Fairy Dust.  Then, I fell in love.  Just look at that shiny, shimmery, holo-sparkly goodness!  I could not get enough of this combo, especially out in the sun.  I need to paint my toes and just decided on what to use as I looked back at these photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment