Thursday, January 15, 2015

Crumpet's 31DC: Green Base

So, full disclosure: I'm not digging today's prompt.
Green's not really a go-to color for me.  Also, I totally loved yesterday's mani and was NOT ready to see it go.  Also, I had just shy of a 13 hour work day today, and was ready for bed long before I ever got home.
But I'm trying, so here it is:

 
*1 coat Gelous Base
*2 coats Revlon Posh
*1 coat Cult Nails Hypnotize Me
*2 coats Out the Door

This picture really isn't true to color for Posh.  It's a pretty jade green cream with perfect coverage in 2 thin coats.  It's a richer, slightly bluer green than the flash creates.  I added a coat of the A-mazing Cult Nails Hypnotize Me.  It's a gorgeous teal/iridescent dense glitter and gives Posh a pretty blue sparkle.  I added a couple of rhinestones for a little extra, but am not thrilled with how they look. 
To keep the stones in place and to give Hypnotize Me an extra-squishy look, I used 2 thick coats of Out the Door.  I really don't actually mind this color combo in real life, or even in the distorted photo.  I was just so sad to see my pretty polka dots go that I think anything would not quite satisfy me today.  So it goes.
How do you make your not-so-fave colors more lovable?  I'd love to broaden my repertoire a bit!





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me how much I love Hypnotize Me. And I love your subtle accent nail on it--perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much for your kind words, Michelle! I had forgotten, too, how amazing Hypnotize Me is! I was so sad to hear that Cult Nails was closing down and wish I had snagged an extra bottle of this one!

      Delete